Little Freak'en Plastic Parts!

didit

• Member Contributer

Well, as I was putting things back together, cleaning as I go, I decided to pop the handle covers out of the tail piece to clean

the polish out of the cracks.

First one came out fairly easy; nice and gentle pressure on the little clips. Next one, again, nice and easy SNAP! :wacko:

So, anyone have any ideas on how to repair or modify these covers to stay in place?

If anyone has a spare (bike right) one, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, but of course with the custom paint it'll be interesting

for the body shop dude to try and match it up. Especially to have him mix a batch for such a small application.

• 9 months later...
  • Member Contributer
Well, as I was putting things back together, cleaning as I go, I decided to pop the handle covers out of the tail piece to clean

the polish out of the cracks.

First one came out fairly easy; nice and gentle pressure on the little clips. Next one, again, nice and easy SNAP! :goofy:

So, anyone have any ideas on how to repair or modify these covers to stay in place?

If anyone has a spare (bike right) one, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, but of course with the custom paint it'll be interesting

for the body shop dude to try and match it up. Especially to have him mix a batch for such a small application.

This stuff is a life-saver:

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=134&

• Member Contributer

If the little tab is broke off,...even repair MAY not work. But start with that. The covers are not expensive, but obviously, you'ld sink some serious cash into a squirt of paint.

Two Ideas:

1) You could load up the underside with dum-dum, to help hold it in place.

2) You could use some of that Glue to epoxy a couple of properly aligned plastic automotive door clips, to the underside, so it, "Clips in", to the threaded holes. You would want to be sure that they're not too tight, prior to gluing them, to the cover.

:goofy: Maybe I should make these in C.F. too. LOL. (I would need a right side, as I only have one).

Archived