Dashing - Through The Snow (season)

didit

• Member Contributer
Having said that, I must add that you did a really nice job with your phony, fake, stick-on vinyl carbon-fibre-look stuff. But why didn't you try it with fake wood grain??! :beer:

You mean like Burlwood? Then it would look too much like a BMW and my turn indicators would stop working. +1.gif

Thanks for the complement. Comming from you (as tough as it is for ya) it means alot.

If anyone is interested I have all three pieces from Honda Europe, bought 1 extra set that I thought

would be used later but is sitting in the original boxes ready to be used. PM me and let me find the

price these.

Keith

• Member Contributer
If anyone is interested I have all three pieces from Honda Europe, bought 1 extra set that I thought

would be used later but is sitting in the original boxes ready to be used. PM me and let me find the

price these.

Keith

Interested. Sent you a message Keith.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest vfrmonkey

Anyone read the gag article in last months' MC? They featured fake CF along with Biker Ballz, VibeRider and a few other purely esoteric bike upgrades... I actually like the vinyl CF, a local shop here in the metropolis of Suwanee does custom CF overlays and mold work... they are making some parts for the cage as we speak...

anytime i see this trace, i have to chime in after you.

great workmanship tony.

but it looks a little too clark griswald for me. :idea3:

Truckster.jpg

Aaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh........my EYES, my EYYYYYEEEEESSSS!!!

Having said that, I must add that you did a really nice job with your phony, fake, stick-on vinyl carbon-fibre-look stuff. But why didn't you try it with fake wood grain??! :wacko:

Again, nice job!

Guest Hurricane249
but it looks a little too clark griswald for me. :angry:

Truckster.jpg

Picture the Family Truckster with fake CF instead of fake wood. Trace you have to buy a Chrysler K-Car Wagon and try that. You would be the envy of the neighborhood. :goofy:

• Member Contributer
but it looks a little too clark griswald for me. :angry:

Alright Superfunk,

Just for that, you're sleeping on the floor in August! With the wet sandwiches and the dead granny. <_<

wet sandwiches and dead granny, this is going to be the best vacation ever.... haha.

but it looks a little too clark griswald for me. :goofy:

Alright Superfunk,

Just for that, you're sleeping on the floor in August! With the wet sandwiches and the dead granny. <_<

• Member Contributer

I see the tapeworks prices as:

$20 - 2 sheets of 14"x10"

$40 - 1 sheet of 14"x47"

$70 - 1 sheet of 29"x47"

You could probably get real carbon fiber and apply that instead for a similar price. And you might be close to getting enough material to actually build a real CF dash.

I found the following prices just now for the real thing:

$26 - 2 sheets of 11"x8"x0.015" - 0.78oz each

$47 - 2 sheets of 11"x16"x0.015" - 1.55oz each

$96 - 2 sheets of 11"x32"x0.015" - 3.1oz each

0.015" is listed as something you can cut with scissors, perfect for cosmetic applications like this.

You can get a $20-30 bottle of epoxy that would last a long long time.

Not commenting on the worth of fake carbon fiber.. just noting that the Tapeworks stuff is a HUGE scam compared to the real thing. You could probably do several triple tree covers with only a single 11"x8" sheet for $13 and some glue, you wouldn't even need to use real epoxy.

Damn every time I check the prices I want to try it.. and I know I could even get free epoxy from my Dad as he's got a 2 gallon kit for boat stuff that he'll never use up.

edit: Just checked that particular vendor will pre-apply adhesive for you for $2.95 for an 11"x8" sheet. So all you need to do is cut out your shape and then peel the adhesive backing off, no need to mess with glue/epoxy. Exactly the same setup as the fake stuff.