Tire Change Labor Rate?

Alien VFR

• Member Contributer
I'm on Long Island in NY and was just recently told $55.00 for the front and $85.00 for the rear....thats for them removing and reinstalling on a 2000 with them supplying the tires at a premium price. They refuse to install customer supplied tires.

Haha they want more for the rear than the front? Do they know what kinda bike you have. Lol.

They didn't go to skool. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

We charge $24 if the customer brings in their wheel, $39 front wheel on the bike, $44 rear wheel on the bike.

edit - We're in Portland, OR

edit again - Labor prices just went up... $29 wheel off bike, $59 front on bike, $64 rear on bike...ouch!

• Member Contributer

i have bought seven or eight sets of tires from cycle gear (they carry most all of the sport bike tires and many of the touring tires) they have good prices. they mount and balance seven days a week with the most up-to-date tire changers out there! if i was touring (i don't) i would have the phone number and or address of every cycle gear on or near my route. they are nationwide and always expanding. the only downside is they only do take in wheel assemblies, and many of the floor salesperson are young and inexperienced.

i threw a serpentine belt on my saturn and had the spare with me but no tools. Dave the mgr at the cyclegear in san marcos let me use the tools in the tire dept to fix my car. www.cyclegear.com rocks!!!!!!

Archived