Clock/thermometer Combo?

blkrabit

• Member Contributer

O Great Oracles of VFRD...

Know ye of any quality clock/thermometer combo farkles? I have a customer with a PC800 Pacific Coast that wants a dash mount/fairing mount unit.

Thanks!

Unfortinately, I haven't really seen any "high quality" Thermo/clock combo thingies. They are usually of the tack-on variety designed for car interior applications (not waterproof). I have one of these made by "Fizz" on my bike that works good enough for me, cause I'm mostly a fair weather rider. gallery_285_20_75354.jpgMVC-010F.JPG

I think you should look into brands like VDO who's a big, established name for all sorts of vehicle instrumentation.

They should carry marine grade instruments that would work on motorcycles, but you moight end up with separate temp and clock units, instead of a combo. There must be enough space on the PC fairings/instrument panel, to fit in two small VDO instruments.

I'm going to hijack my own thread and ask you how you did your black handlebars, Beck. smile.gif Paint? Powdercoat?

I guess you noticed. They were silver (VTR1000 bars from eBay) and just a little scratched up from when the previous owner removed the grips, so I decided to re-finish them. I picked satin black, because I didn't think I'll ever find the original's gunmetal color paint to match the clutch and brake reservoirs.

Satin black paint from a good ole rattle can. Good prep/cleaning/sanding and multiple thin coats gives you OEM quality paintjob.

Beck

95 VFR

Archived