Metzler M1 Vs. M3 Rear

sebring

• Member Contributer

I have a new Metzler M1 Sportec on the front of my VFR. I was about to buy an M1 Sportec for the Rear, but noticed that they have a newer model Sportec M3 for the rear. My question is: Would that M3 Rear match up OK with my M1, or would the design of the new M3 compromise handling and stability?

Same profile, its just a dual compound tire. Suppose to get 2.5 times the milage out of the middle. I was talking w/ ACOG today and he has a set of M3's on his bike, he said hes got 5k miles on them and they looked like they were only about half gone. I was impressed considering I usually get 2500 out of a set of M1's. The sides of the M3's use the same compound as the M1's, just a different center compound, so same grip in corners as M1's. I have a set of M3's in my garage for my trip to Tmac. So you should have no handling problems mixing the two.

The M3 replaces the M1 and is Better in every way, buy the M3 and only M3's in the future!(if your buying Metz.)

PS sense they don't make M1's any more, you should be able to find full sets(of M1's) for $150 or less.

• Member Contributer
Same profile, its just a dual compound tire. Suppose to get 2.5 times the milage out of the middle. I was talking w/ ACOG today and he has a set of M3's on his bike, he said hes got 5k miles on them and they looked like they were only about half gone. I was impressed considering I usually get 2500 out of a set of M1's. The sides of the M3's use the same compound as the M1's, just a different center compound, so same grip in corners as M1's. I have a set of M3's in my garage for my trip to Tmac. So you should have no handling problems mixing the two.

Thanks for the tip. Will get my order in pronto! Its been a long winter.

thanks,

Archived