Pimp My Ride

Guest VFRbar

Guest VFRbar

Got a refurbished Streetpilot 2610 for Christmas but have been waiting for the backordered motorcycle kit for what seemed like forever. It finally arrived yesterday and I proceeded to mount it. This unit is really sweet. I've been coveting a GPS for a while now, and since I'm still fairly new to North Carolina, this should help me maximize my quality riding time. This is also a nice unit for the car since it comes with a remote. The remote is useless on the bike, but in the car, it makes a big difference in usability.

gallery_645_2518_54490.jpg

GPS1.jpg

gallery_645_2518_37074.jpg

GPS2.jpg

I thought about doing the white or red guages, but i want to see some pics of the white first. How long did it take you to get yours back from the day you shipped them out? Will our bikes run without guages? Not sure if there is anything electrical 'safety' connection needed through VFR guages.

I did my blue gauges back in 2002 so I don't remember the exact turnaround time, but I do remember it was fast. Shipping was to California, so most downtime is in the shipping. Don't know if the bike can be ridden without the speedo, I did mine when I was doing other work on it. I haven't seen any other color besides blue.

vfr800012.jpg

Copied off there site.

I just did mine about a month ago... scott is very fast... you can pay for expedited shipping (only $10 more,) and if you tell him you need them by a certain day, he will get them there.

Archived