Gps Mount

bsujanto

I saw it somewhere in the web or perhaps in this forum, but can't find it anymore. A GPS mount which base is bolted to the surrounding of fuel lid, and a kind of plate extending foward a few inch to where the GPS unit sits approximately halfway between the fuel lid and steering stem.

Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I've got the eBay mount listed above for sale...looks like the ad got canked during the database meltdown.

70484484.jpg

Looking for $25 shipped (CONUS) if interested.

:fing02:

Is this the one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tank-Camera...sspagenameZWDVW

If so, eBay's the answer. I think someone here actually had one for sale not too long ago. Try the classifieds as well.

Yes, that's it. Thank you.

I've got the eBay mount listed above for sale...looks like the ad got canked during the database meltdown.

Looking for $25 shipped (CONUS) if interested.

:fing02:

Well, I'm not in US. I guess it will be difficult for an individual to serve me.

I'm still wondering how I can attach the Garmin Quest to that mount. I think it needs a kind of bolted Garmin Quest base plate.

Do you know how to do it?

• Member Contributer

Well, I'm not in US. I guess it will be difficult for an individual to serve me.

I'm still wondering how I can attach the Garmin Quest to that mount. I think it needs a kind of bolted Garmin Quest base plate.

No problem, I can ship it to you for the add'l shipping to your destination (whatever the Postal Service shows to your country).

Not sure about the Quest mount...I just got a Ram cradle for my GPS V, and it bolts to their mount. Something like that could probably be adapted to the camera mount .

Do you have a pic or link to the mount/base your referring to?

• Member Contributer
I saw it somewhere in the web or perhaps in this forum, but can't find it anymore. A GPS mount which base is bolted to the surrounding of fuel lid, and a kind of plate extending foward a few inch to where the GPS unit sits approximately halfway between the fuel lid and steering stem.

Do you know where I can find it?

Thanks.

Just for the sake of curiosity, you migh take a peek at the RAM mount that bolts to the front tank bolts. It makes for a fairly clean looking installation.

I don't want to step on anyone here but I would recommend a different base to mount your quest mont to also. I would suggest a base that bolts down using the two front tank bolts at the frame and then your selection of RAM arm and the RAM cradle for the Quest or Quest 2. Also get the powered harness to power your Quest so it remains backlit at night. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it! I currently use a Quest 2 and a RAM perch mount with a double ball. This set up allows me to adjust for clearance around my tank bag. I purchased my mounting hardware from Farklemasters. I recommend them highly! http://www.farklemasters.com/

• Member Contributer
I would suggest a base that bolts down using the two front tank bolts at the frame and then your selection of RAM arm and the RAM cradle for the Quest or Quest 2. Also get the powered harness to power your Quest so it remains backlit at night. It's a bit pricey but it's worth it! I currently use a Quest 2 and a RAM perch mount with a double ball. This set up allows me to adjust for clearance around my tank bag.http://www.farklemasters.com/

I just did something similar, except I used RAM's 9mm-hole angled ball mount attached to the clip-on pinch bolt. I also got their camera mount for my 8mm or digicam.

RAMB272.jpg

medium.jpg

I just did something similar, except I used RAM's 9mm-hole angled ball mount attached to the clip-on pinch bolt. I also got their camera mount for my 8mm or digicam.

RAMB272.jpg

medium.jpg

I used the doubl ball on the perch mount so I could mount my XM radio off of the same mount.

Guys, thanks for all the inputs.

I'm still considering which way to go with installation of Garmin Quest.

Using the 2 fuel tank front bolts is not in the choice due to scotts steering damper.

The easiest is to follow RAM's suggestion with clutch/brake master clamp or U-bolt type.

Cycle Machine camera mount combined with RAM's 9mm-hole angled ball mount is also a choice. I tend to like this more as I don't like the GPS to move around with the handlebar.

I will let you know which way I choose.

Archived