Leo Vince Carbon Fiber Installed On 6th Gen

FotoMoto

• Member Contributer
Jigga bought the same CF system as mine. He asked for measurements from me before ordering and says the fender eliminator fits:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28170

That's the first time I've seen the license plate flush up against the undertail with LV cans. With every other bike I've seen with LV cans, they had to put spacers between the fender eliminator and the undertail because there wasn't sufficient room between the cans for the license plate to fit. I don't think I'll be buying cans anytime soon but not being able to secure the license plate flush up against the undertail is the primary reason I ruled out LV cans a while back.

I've been meaning to start a thread on the topic of rating exhaust decibel levels. I obviously wouldn't expect to anybody to conduct a formal scientific analysis, but what I've been wanting to know, more or less, is in what order would you rate the following cans (from quietest to loudest)?

Leo Vince

Remus

Micron

Staintune

Devil

Laser

Scorpion

Hindle

Two Bros.

+ any other brand I'm missing

P.S. I don't know if it matters, but it would be for a 6th gen. VFR.

• Member Contributer

I just tried your sound clip and it made the freakin' cat jump off my lap. It scared her so badly that she almost impaled the boys during her rather abrupt departure. :idea3:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the write up on the LVs.When I first got my bike I was sure I would put Staintunes on it.

Well that all changed after I heard several LV sound clips on here and you tube.

I am now waiting at my back door for my new LVs to arrive.

Thanks for the photos it will help me when I put them on next week.

I was looking on LVs website and they suggest that you disconnect the battery prior to install. Something about allowing the cpu to reset.

PS......... I'm glad to know whose big a** stickers will come off

The plate definitely fits between the cans if it's one of the more common smaller sizes, but some States and Provinces use these huge-ass plates that are almost the width of a car plate!

I absolutely love these pipes and wouldn't trade them for any other made for the 6th gen.

gallery_3326_2605_235318.jpg

VFR - LV - Side Med.jpg

gallery_3326_2605_755415.jpg

VFR - LV - Right Rear.jpg

gallery_3326_2605_813735.jpg

VFR - LV - Rear.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I'm thinking of ordering a set of leo's in carbon.... do the factory bags still fit? anyone have pics?

Very nice pics. I took some when I put my LVs on, but my pics don't compare with yours. I was too excited to get the cans mounted to stop and take decent pics . . . .

Archived