Rainsuits-1-piece Or 2?

silverjet1

Considering that we're supposedly suffering from global warming, it's amazing how much rain keeps falling down. I suppose the good news for those of you in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic is that it's rain that's falling, not snow.

Anyway, my question is whether you would pick a two-piece or all-in-one coverall-type rainsuit? I've already tried and rejected the Roadcrafter option, though I completely understand why those of you that use them think they're "the Bomb." Let's just say that me and the Cordura cocoon turned out to be "incompatible."

So, for a variety of reasons, I prefer a two-piece, zip-together set of leathers for day-to-day riding. But when the rain starts to fall, I'm not sure that the compromise of separate rainproof top and botttoms holds any sort of "water", so to speak.

Which do you prefer, and why? A one-piece rainsuit that eliminates the potential gap between top and bottom? Or is there some compelling reason for you to prefer a separate assembly of rain pants and jacket?

• Member Contributer
Which do you prefer, and why? A one-piece rainsuit that eliminates the potential gap between top and bottom? Or is there some compelling reason for you to prefer a separate assembly of rain pants and jacket?

I like the two piece because it's easier to get into it. The pants of dedicated motorcycle rain suits are extra long, so they will go down to your ankle and still be high on your waist. The jacket will stay down over the pants with the drawstring. I was leery of it not working until I used a two piece on my trip to Canada.

Another reason for a two piece is that I'm kinda tall and one piece type suits tend to be super tight on my NADS. +1.gif

Another reason for a two piece is that I'm kinda tall and one piece type suits tend to be super tight on my NADS.  :blink:

Any one-piece suit used for riding has the potential for being tight on the NADS as tbzep stated due to the distance from the groin to the neck....there's alot of difference in body types out there. :blink:

You would think that the one-piece would be drier, but if the two-piece has a draw string that will keep the rear of the top piece down in place, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I think you will get responses back both ways but maybe alot of people like how easy it is to get a two-piece on and off.

• Member Contributer

I have a Teknic one-piece that I like. I just made sure to get a BIG one so it would fit over anything I was wearing (including leathers and an Aerostich). I don't wear it that much bc it's only for trips. Around town I just usually wear the 'Stich.

I choose 2-piece. The pants can be worn separatly on cold mornings to block out unwanted wind. I switched from a one-piece suit which was more difficult to get out of than into. I really prefer the 2-piece combo now. However, for some reason it takes up more room in my tank bag.

Archived