HJC AC-12

Guest calibretto

Guest calibretto

Just curious if anyone has or has used the HJC AC-12? Debating on that or the HJC CL-SP as that got a great review for the $$$, but the AC12 seems to be a model up and not much more, yet I can't find anything on it.

Mostly want something that has good ventilation, noise isn't much of an issue to me, but comfort and a good visor/anti fog venting is a must.

IMHO: I would go for a Shoei if you can find a good buy, then Arai, and I think HJC is the best bang for your buck. I have tried them on and they fit really good. Not as good as my Shoei X-11 but then again that is a $600 helmet vs. $150 helmet! I have a buddy who swears by HJC is loves them. Hope that helps. I'd also recommend looking at new enough.com they have awesome closeout deals! :idea3:

Guest calibretto
I have some in stock. We also had and sold the AC-12 carbon helmet...damn nice helmet.

Joe

Any opinions on the AC12 fitment?

Also need a good one I can wear glasses with.

i had a cl-12 it was pretty comfortable. and relatively quiet. i tried shades in it and found it really uncomfortable and tight. maybe get a tinted visor, they are pretty easy to swap out.

just bought an cl-sp, haven't actually used it yet. feels more comfortable on the head. i'll let you know about noise and such when i go out for a rip :idea3:

Guest calibretto
i had a cl-12 it was pretty comfortable. and relatively quiet. i tried shades in it and found it really uncomfortable and tight. maybe get a tinted visor, they are pretty easy to swap out.

just bought an cl-sp, haven't actually used it yet. feels more comfortable on the head. i'll let you know about noise and such when i go out for a rip :wheel:

Ah, by glasses, I ment prescription... But let me know smile.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest calibretto

QUick question,

Is a helmet too small for you if the pattern of the forehead padding rubs in a bit on you (IE red marks when you pull it off?)

I dont feel any pressure wearing the size I have, but it left a imprint on my forehead :P

granted it wasn't raw or sore, I never noticed until someone pointed it out. But the helmet feels comfortably snug on me with minimal movement if I shake my head or nod in it to test if it slides.

Input?

• 2 weeks later...

i've gone on a few good long rides with the cl-sp now. make sure you check the fitment before buying any helmet. i bought mine online. it's really comfortable, but my head/melon is a slightly different shape than the helmet so air leaks under the ear flap area where the clasps are. i've just added some mountain bike helmet neoprene pads for adjustment under the ears and now it's completely silent ( i use earplugs). it's great.

no klingon forehead or red welts, really comfortable and quiet.

Archived