Tour Master Advanced jacket, yes or no?

SEBSPEED

Does anyone here have any thoughts or, preferably, any experience with the Tour Master Advanced 3/4 jacket? It retails around $270, but I can get it for $139. I am consdering only because it is water resistant, and has armor, as opposed to a cheaper rain suit that has none. I would much rather wear one jacket on my trip(NY to AZ this summer), than try to contort myself into an oversuit while wearing my 'straight-cut fit' Icon Daytona. The Advanced also has a removable quilted liner(as does my Icon), and many pockets(good for road-trippin'). TIA for any info. smile.gif

EDIT: Here's a link: http://www.motoemporium.com/tourmaster/adv...d/advanced.html

Sebspeed,

I have the Advanced jacket and love it. The jacket has proven it's worth from riding to work in 35 degree weather to 80 + degree days that we're starting to see now. So the jacket is quite versatile. I've been caught out in a couple of showers recently and I was bone dry.

I thought the vent system would be a joke but it actually works pretty well. I will say having the vent system open felt a little odd at first at highway speeds. You have to hang onto the bars as it feels as though you're about to be pulled off the bike. After a few minutes of this you adjust and all is good.

So I give this jacket two thumbs up. It's treated me well and I so glad I picked one up when I did. I'll be sad once it gets too warm to wear it. But that's to be expected once we hit 100 degrees.

As an FYI, New Enough has the Advanced jacket on closeout for $129. They only have a few colors and sizes left but you may want to check them out as it's a few bucks cheaper then the site you noted.

Guest Wingspan

I don't have the "advanced" jacket, but I did pick up a Tour Master "Transistion" jacket a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed with it. Considering the build quality and features, it's a bargin!

IMO, Tour Master has made some significant improvements in product quality over the past few years.

Sebspeed,

I have the Advanced jacket and love it.? The jacket has proven it's worth from riding to work in 35 degree weather to 80 + degree days that we're starting to see now.? So the jacket is quite versatile.? I've been caught out in a couple of showers recently and I was bone dry.?

I thought the vent system would be a joke but it actually works pretty well.? I will say having the vent system open felt a little odd at first at highway speeds.? You have to hang onto the bars as it feels as though you're about to be pulled off the bike.? After a few minutes of this you adjust and all is good.

So I give this jacket two thumbs up.? It's treated me well and I so glad I picked one up when I did.? I'll be sad once it gets too warm to wear it.? But that's to be expected once we hit 100 degrees.? ? 

As an FYI, New Enough has the Advanced jacket on closeout for $129.? They only have a few colors and sizes left but you may want to check them out as it's a few bucks cheaper then the site you noted.

Thanks for the reply Squonk, the price I found was at competitionaccessories.com, but I will probably have Dennis Kirk match the price for me, because their free ground UPS service gets to my door in 2-3 days. I'm glad to hear you like it, and as an FYI, I usually wear my leather up to 90 degrees, even on humid days here in New York. I've found that sweat is easier to clean than road rash :D

I don't have the "advanced" jacket, but I did pick up a Tour Master "Transistion" jacket a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed with it. Considering the build quality and features, it's a bargin!

IMO, Tour Master has made some significant improvements in product quality over the past few years.

Wingspan, I was just checking that one out, and it looks very similar to the Advanced, with a lot of the same features, for the same price. The only difference I can see is the Advanced is made of heavier material with some leather trim around the collar.

Wingspan, I was just checking that one out, and it looks very similar to the Advanced, with a lot of the same features, for the same price. The only difference I can see is the Advanced is made of heavier material with some leather trim around the collar.

bumpity

Guest Stinkbait

I've sorta had both the advanced and transition jackets. The advanced had rediculous short sleeves on it so I sent it back for a regular sized (not tall) transition and it fits perfect. The advanced looked like a good jacket, it had name brand materials like dupont cordura and 3M reflective material but the transition has better armour and a breathable waterproof liner instead of a nonbreathable coated shell. I'd been happy with either jacket but I like the transition a little better.

I've sorta had both the advanced and transition jackets. The advanced had rediculous short sleeves on it so I sent it back for a regular sized (not tall) transition and it fits perfect. The advanced looked like a good jacket, it had name brand materials like dupont cordura and 3M reflective material but the transition has better armour and a breathable waterproof liner instead of a nonbreathable coated shell. I'd been happy with either jacket but I like the transition a little better.

Thanks!

Archived