Powerbronze Hugger

Guest SilverBullet_VFR

Guest SilverBullet_VFR

Well I unpacked my Powerbronze hugger for my '05, and I have to say I do not like it at all. It looks really flimsy and even has a small crack in it already. Anyone else using one? I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else, maybe an NWS...

• Member Contributer
Well I unpacked my Powerbronze hugger for my '05, and I have to say I do not like it at all.  It looks really flimsy and even has a small crack in it already.  Anyone else using one?  I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else, maybe an NWS...

I examined a Powerbronze at the Detroit bike show back in Jan, and hated it for the same reaon...too flimsy. Go with a Pyramid, Harris or Red Fox...I went with Red Fox. I think NWS is now owned by Pyramid.

Well I unpacked my Powerbronze hugger for my '05, and I have to say I do not like it at all.  It looks really flimsy and even has a small crack in it already.  Anyone else using one?  I'm thinking of returning it and getting something else, maybe an NWS...

Check out this thread: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...&hl=powerbronze

I purchased the Pyramid and very happy with it.

Guest SilverBullet_VFR
I examined a Powerbronze at the Detroit bike show back in Jan, and hated it for the same reaon...too flimsy.  Go with a Pyramid, Harris or Red Fox...I went with Red Fox. I think NWS is now owned by Pyramid.

Was the Red Fox thicker and more durable? How was installation?

• Member Contributer
Was the Red Fox thicker and more durable?  How was installation?

It's 5mm of abs plastic...comes in gloss black or CF...I got gloss black, and since my bike is asphalt I got a $4 can of Krylon satin black at Wal-Mart and painted it myself. Installation is a breeze...about 15-20 minutes max...instructions come with it, but you'll need to remove the left side passenger peg bracket for easier access and more work room. Red Fox is in the UK...there's a link on the right side of the VFRD homepage. Price was about 85 British pounds which was about $150 US dollars at the time. Mention your VFRD membership and they give you a 10% discount. We're not subject to the European value added tax (VAT)...12-17% I think...so they knock that off too. They quote a shipping time of 10-14 days, but got mine in 5.

I'm happy with mine, but others on here have the Pyramid or Harris, so you may want do a search for reviews and prices.

• Member Contributer

I've got a "carbon fiber look" Red Fox hugger that I never installed, because I never got around to figuring out how to properly attach the bottom piece. I've been thinking about selling it and getting something else, so I'm interested in exactly how the Pyramid hugger is attched to the VFR. Have any pics of it mounted?

Guest 767fixer
I've got a "carbon fiber look" Red Fox hugger that I never installed, because I never got around to figuring out how to properly attach the bottom piece.  I've been thinking about selling it and getting something else, so I'm interested in exactly how the Pyramid hugger is attched to the VFR.  Have any pics of it mounted?

how much for the red fox?

Archived