Setting Preload On Lowered VFR

NVR2L8

• Member Contributer

This past October I installed a lowering link my 2005 ABS VFR, but back then I don't think I correctly set the rear suspension preload. Right now it feels pretty hard so for now I just want to start at the factory preload setting, but if I remember correctly 7 clicks from full hard will not equal the standard setting due to the longer dogbone link. Can someone with a lowering link tell me how to get back to the factory setting? Also, what about the rear shock rebound adjustment? Has the standard setting also been changed due to the lowering link?

• Member Contributer

I don't think either adjustment would be effected by your lowering link. Don't worry about what the stock setting is for pre load. Set it to 32-35mm for your riding weight and start there. Same with the front and start there.

I've got the lowering link installed & yes the only way to get your suspension set up correctly is to adjust the sag correctly front & back. Especially important if you carry a passenger often to avoid dragging the pegs, headers & lower fairing.

Dave

Archived