Rear brake torque arm

dude

• Member Contributer

I've noticed alot of play in the rear torque arm on my 5th gen. I know when doing brakes on Kanadian Kens bike this past w/e his torque arm had no play at all. I'm assuming either his is seized or mine is pooched? Could someone check for me and let me know if there is any sideways play at all. I can virtually twist my arm ( no pun intended) which seems kinda weird to me. :blink:

Guest SagaciousDupe

I don't know for sure, but I would think that if it twists that would be ok...make sure there is no play front to back (where the forces are involved) Hope that makes sense. Someone else had better chime in! :deer:

• Member Contributer

I don't think that mine had any twist play, but could be wrong. There can be no front to back play. It is rubber mounted in some fashion, maybe the bushing is wearing out??

• Member Contributer

I did my brakes a couple of weeks ago and removed the lower bolt on the torque arm to swing it out of the way for better pad access. Mine didn't have any play or movement at all. What kinda mileage you got on your bike (mine's got 18k)?

Archived