Radiator mounting

Hello. I have a ratty 92 VFR 750 thats been sitting for a some years waiting for me to get my license. The original radiator was junk and i replaced it with a rad from a 91 Kawasaki ZZR600, but apparently the extra inch of height was too much because the front wheel smashed it when i went through a pothole at low speed. So its been sitting ever since because i didnt want to invest in it before i had my license to properly ride it.

20240418_123805.thumb.jpg.e98f9dcbab5f40c00c7d982b09c685a4.jpg

Well now im working on my license and wanna get the bike running and bought a generic ebay radiator but im not sure how exactly it should mount to the bike. I would just wing it if the slightly larger rad hadnt gotten immediately smashed, that makes me want to make sure its exactly where it should be.

Can someone maybe share closeup photos of the radiators positioning and mounts or even just tips on how it should sit there.

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

With a way to support the bike, and get it back up after, remove the fork caps and lower the front of the bike as far as it will go.

The room you have left is where a radiator needs to fit.