Anyone know of a replacement rear shock for a 1983 V45 Interceptor?

HanSolo

Question

My rear shock just went flat...  and seemed to get stuck there even with increasing air pressure.  Looking to get it overhauled or replaced.  Any advice?

2 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

Not worth over hauling, and if its "stuck" there's nothing you can do about it.  Damping circuits are internal.

Either try and find a used aftermarket (Fox, Works, Ohlins, etc) and have it rebuilt or go with something new (YSS, Hagon, Wilburs, etc).

I go both routes and have rebuilt Fox and Ohlins on a few bikes, but I have also put YSS on about six bikes and am very happy.  Great value.

biketyresuk eBay seller is the store front for the UK R&D Center for YSS, Firefox Racing.  I have bought them all thru them and have had great service.

I just put a YSS on mine and just received some upgraded fork springs from race tech to compliment the shock, it snowed last weekend and there is salt everywhere so I haven’t tested it yet but I will report back.