2003 VTECH Rapid Bike Question

Hi all!

Quick couple of questions if I may... recently put a rapid bike racing on the 6th gen.. now it's a wheelie machine.. but it didn't really make the bike run any smoother (was always a little rough since I've had it about 5 months.. anyway, was mucking about with the software while the engine was running, and I see that O2 sensor 1 is reading 0 volts until I blip over 3000 rpm, then it gives me about 0.6v.. O2 sensor 2, is 0.75v idle and drops to 0.3v when revved... Should these not be roughly the same? If so, which one is the bad one? I think sensor 1 is faulty..

Also when starting it sometimes take 2 or 3 goes to start and when this happens it runs on 2 cylinders, then the othe 2 join the party after a second or 2, and to get it to start i need to open the throttle a lot like its getting flooded out. I tried playing with the pickup sensititivy settings in the RB master software, but it didnt help... Is this a known issue?

Thanks in Advance!

• Member Contributer
On 3/24/2024 at 12:24 AM, Courior said:

Hi all!

Quick couple of questions if I may... recently put a rapid bike racing on the 6th gen.. now it's a wheelie machine.. but it didn't really make the bike run any smoother (was always a little rough since I've had it about 5 months.. anyway, was mucking about with the software while the engine was running, and I see that O2 sensor 1 is reading 0 volts until I blip over 3000 rpm, then it gives me about 0.6v.. O2 sensor 2, is 0.75v idle and drops to 0.3v when revved... Should these not be roughly the same? If so, which one is the bad one? I think sensor 1 is faulty..

Also when starting it sometimes take 2 or 3 goes to start and when this happens it runs on 2 cylinders, then the othe 2 join the party after a second or 2, and to get it to start i need to open the throttle a lot like its getting flooded out. I tried playing with the pickup sensititivy settings in the RB master software, but it didnt help... Is this a known issue?

Thanks in Advance!

Wonder if you have a leaky/ruptured Fuel Pressure Regulator diaphragm? This will dump excess fuel into cylinders 3 and 4 via the vacuum hoses.

Might also relate to your bad O2 sensor reading especially if its the 3 - 4 one playing up!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...