2006+ ABS Wire Harness

dallasb

I've looked everywhere before I posted, hopefully someone can help.

I just got a '07 ABS model (even a RWB, yay!), and the previous owner seemed to let the smoke out of some wires. 😒 The main harness has a ground wire completely melted and a few things aren't working, but most are. I think he replaced the front harness & made some other repairs. The thing I need some assistance on is a wiring diagram for the 06+ ABS models. I want to buy a harness, hopefully off ebay, but there are almost none for my bike, but currently there is an 06 on there. The 06, 07 & 08/09 models have different part numbers from Honda for the harness, but I bet they interchange, other than ABS vs non-ABS. Does anyone actually have a Service Manual that can confirm the 06+ ABS models all has the same wiring?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, dallasb said:

I've looked everywhere before I posted, hopefully someone can help.

I just got a '07 ABS model (even a RWB, yay!), and the previous owner seemed to let the smoke out of some wires. 😒 The main harness has a ground wire completely melted and a few things aren't working, but most are. I think he replaced the front harness & made some other repairs. The thing I need some assistance on is a wiring diagram for the 06+ ABS models. I want to buy a harness, hopefully off ebay, but there are almost none for my bike, but currently there is an 06 on there. The 06, 07 & 08/09 models have different part numbers from Honda for the harness, but I bet they interchange, other than ABS vs non-ABS. Does anyone actually have a Service Manual that can confirm the 06+ ABS models all has the same wiring?

Thanks!

The only thing I can help you with is the attached drawing, ABS 6gens never made it to Australia. Depending on how badly damaged the wire harness is you might still be able to repair things with replacing certain wires with a new wire run. Work out what systems are not working then look at the wiring diagram they may share a common power source or ground, follow up on what fuses (if any) are blowing, try and isolate a shorted component or wire short. Unless the wiring has been greatly modified, virtually all short circuit situations should blow a fuse first, that's what fuses are there for. For example the melted Ground wire could be joined somewhere with a new wire, then terminated at the Battery or common Frame Ground point.

Perhaps a good local motorcycle mechanic/electrician might be able to help you out?

Whether the Service Manual section 16 for ABS is completely relevent to your model I don't know, however there wouldn't be too much difference surely?

c15348834202a2d92c31df0832c558d9-.jpg

Thanks Grum, the ABS models had different wiring, including a second fuse box just for the ABS. I know the wiring changed in '06, and I have now gone through all the components that plug into it, and it looks like they all interchange from 06 to 09, so I think any harness from then will work, ABS of course.

My harness has a visibly melted ground wire, for over 18 inches in the harness. Could I repair it? Yes, but I'd rather replace it. Knowing that it's completely fixed, peace of mind, way less work, wanting it to all match original, that is where I am at.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Bumping the thread here, hoping that someone has an '06+ ABS version, USA model wiring diagram that they could scan in. I'll throw them a few dollars in appreciation.

Thanks