Headlight (Hi-Beam) fairing removal

PorradaVFR

• Member Contributer

If you believe YouTube and the VFR shop manual removing two bolts and the dashboard push-clip releases the triangular fairing over the Hi-Beam housing...but I tried the right side and it was FIRMLY in there.  I’m not anxious to break tabs but I agree the information suggests that’s all there is to it, along with some force...can anyone clue me in to any tips / techniques?  It seems you need to pull DOWN to release the dashboard tabs and BACK towards the tail to release the rubber post from the grommet.  

After having to replace the H4 plug from too many uggas replacing the Lo-Beam bulbs last week I want to do this one right. 😉  

• Member Contributer

Got the install done with only a minor hiccup.  Removing the fairing takes ALLLLLLMOST too much force, the plastic makes unhappy sounds, but it’s fine.  I did have to rotate one harness 180º as otherwise the LED bulb would not illuminate and with the tabs it only had one position it fit properly in...polarity is wrong for one side I guess (at least with these bulbs)...and there’s definitely a “right” position.  No biggie.  LEDs look a lot nicer and brighter too .

IMG_3334.thumb.jpeg.f344fa68d47fb0b776e4032540bfd6bf.jpegIMG_3335.thumb.jpeg.7a0106e7b96d55709c113b6938cbadde.jpeg

Archived