Slipping clutch?

Bigdan

2015 VFRD with 1200 mi.  After the bike warms after being driven a bit I have noticed upon release of the clutch, and rolling  on the throttle my revs will not match my speed .

It feels if something is holding the bike back-no matter the amount of throttle applied.  I do have ASv levers,  I have checked those for adjustment they seem to be fine.   Maintenance is up-to-date. 

I do  recall hearing just after the problem initially started the sound of two plates Rubbing together.  I’m thinking it might be something to do with the clutch plates but not sure- any help is appreciated.  I no longer hear that sound of that of any metal objects rubbing, brakes and chain are fine..

2015 VFRD with 1200 mi.  After the bike warms after being driven a bit I have noticed upon release of the clutch, and rolling  on the throttle my revs will not match my speed .

It feels if something is holding the bike back-no matter the amount of throttle applied.  I do have ASv levers,  I have checked those for adjustment they seem to be fine.   Maintenance is up-to-date. 

I do  recall hearing just after the problem initially started the sound of two plates Rubbing together.  I’m thinking it might be something to do with the clutch plates but not sure- any help is appreciated.  I no longer hear that sound of that of any metal objects rubbing, brakes and chain are fine..
Ok - I had a similar issue after I recently changed out the levers on my 07 Ducati S4R. Turned out that the new clutch lever was not allowing the clutch to fully engaged (imagine holding your clutch lever in just 10 - 20% and you get the idea). Luckily in my case, the new lever has a small threaded adjustment pin that pushes the clutch actuator (I dont meant the external adjustor). Once I screwed that in a little bit, everything was fine. If yours does not have this, you may have to go back to the original lever, but that's cheaper than a clutch job.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You know what, the shorty ASV levers had it, The regular size ones I exchanged them for do not.   I was thinking this may be the problem I will switch back the original levers and see.  Thanks.

You were spot on.  I improperly installed  the lever and did not allow enough clearance for the actuator.  Thanks!
Glad to have helped, and that it wasn't something more serious!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

My suggestion would have been to put OE levers  back on an see if bike does same , if not then it would be more likely to be the replacements.

Archived