8th Gen: Replacing Rear Brake Line?

rgrattan

Thank you all for all the input here.  Especial thanks to Flya750. 

In the end, I took the bike to a better mechanic than I - to get the rear braided line installed.  It was expensive.  I live in San Francisco so I knew I'd get hit.  It was worth it though.  Brakes do feel better. 

As to why I did it..several reasons - but a few in particular:

1. I've wanted a VFR since I was a very young dude and I'm now in my 50's and could afford one
  2. Rubber lines piss me off on an otherwise quality build
  3. I defeated Cancer, so the VFR was a gift to myself as were the braided lines. 
  4. I'm a brake snob.

But mainly I did it as a self-reward.  It's not every day nor very many people I know of/have heard of that get through what I got through without pharma and/or major surgery.  Love of motorcycles, my lady, my life, my family, taking control of my own health, researching the heck out of metabolism, qigong, chi nei tsang.  This is what got me through the big C ...and some really uplifting encounters in meditation.

Thanks again to all - keep it positive and support one another, ...we dunno what's around the corner but it can sometimes hit v.hard.

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, rgrattan said:

But mainly I did it as a self-reward.  It's not every day nor very many people I know of/have heard of that get through what I got through without pharma and/or major surgery.  Love of motorcycles, my lady, my life, my family, taking control of my own health, researching the heck out of metabolism, qigong, chi nei tsang.  This is what got me through the big C ...and some really uplifting encounters in meditation.

Good on you buddy. Great story on beating the big C. Without the need for surgery.

Glad you've got the brakes just as you like them, and remember do a brake and clutch flush every 12 months or so, it's a piece of cake on an 8gen.

Enjoy the bike, the 8gen is a ripper.

Good health to you and safe riding.:beer: