45 litre top box on 7th gen mount

Apologies in advance for the long-winded question that now follows! I own a 2011 VFR1200F. UK spec.

I've just joined this discussion group, following a 2017 Google search about the possibility of upsizing my top box from the standard size to the newer 45 litre box. Once I became aware that a bigger box was available last year, I enquiried with my local Honda dealer about any fitment changes that may be required for the existing mounting plate and was told that it couldn't be done because the subframe on the Mk2 VFR1200 has been changed to accommodate the heavier box and so nothing was compatible. Yesterday I noticed another Mk1 1200 with the bigger box and it seemed to have an official Honda mounting plate. Is there any adapting needed to mount the bigger box on the original MK1 top box mount?

I'd appreciate any knowledge on this topic. And more apologies if this subject has been done to death elsewhere that I haven't seen yet!

Many thanks,

Matt

• Member Contributer

I had a 2010 VFR1200.  The 45L box isn't sold in the USA.  So I ordered mine from England--along with the carrier bracket, back pad, and key cylinder!

It requires previous installation of the rear carrier, which I was able to purchase locally (and it's a very nice, well-built item).

The link below will take you to a catalog with pictures and items numbers of each part.   I discovered that the carrier bracket has a new part number: 08L73MJMD10

http://issuu.com/ottobrandt/docs/hme_accessories_brochure_tourer_vfr

The rear carrier, carrier bracket, and 45L top box fit my 2010 perfectly.  

017_161201.jpg

001_161201.jpg

On 4/6/2017 at 3:24 PM, alleyoop said:

I had a 2010 VFR1200.  The 45L box isn't sold in the USA.  So I ordered mine from England--along with the carrier bracket, back pad, and key cylinder!

It requires previous installation of the rear carrier, which I was able to purchase locally (and it's a very nice, well-built item).

The link below will take you to a catalog with pictures and items numbers of each part.   I discovered that the carrier bracket has a new part number: 08L73MJMD10

http://issuu.com/ottobrandt/docs/hme_accessories_brochure_tourer_vfr

The rear carrier, carrier bracket, and 45L top box fit my 2010 perfectly.  

017_161201.jpg

001_161201.jpg

What seat did you have on your bike Alleyoop?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 4/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, ridered said:

What seat did you have on your bike Alleyoop?

Custom made in Tennessee.  Best seat I've ever had.  I could PM you the contact info of the maker.  

On 5/4/2017 at 7:50 AM, alleyoop said:

Custom made in Tennessee.  Best seat I've ever had.  I could PM you the contact info of the maker.  

Sure, that seat looks great.  PM me the info, and how much you paid, please.  Did you have to be there?

Archived