Front ABS brake line fitting question

Chiefmarley

I have an '03 with ABS that I want to get a longer brake line for.  On the ABS model, there is a short line between the lever and a rigid line.  One side of the line is a banjo fitting, but the other side has some female threads.  I called coremoto to see if they could make some, but they said they didn't have the fitting.  Does anyone know what type of fitting it is, or where to just get a longer version of that line?

• Member Contributer

Not really a direct answer, but maybe it'll help. I did a conversion to conventional bars on my bike, and the bars I used needed a bit longer brake and clutch lines. I decided it was a perfect excuse to upgrade to stainless lines. I called Galfer and asked them to give me their complete VFR kit, but with 2 extra inches on the brake and clutch lines. Their package does away with some of the stock fittings, and that particular one may be part of that, but it went together quite nicely and works excellent. Bleeding is a bit of a pain, and it takes a lot of fluid (I used a full quart) to bleed all those lines. The next time I do it, I'll try a reverse bleed with a pressure bleeder, pumping from the caliper end. 

On 9/14/2016 at 11:20 PM, Marvelicious said:

Not really a direct answer, but maybe it'll help. I did a conversion to conventional bars on my bike, and the bars I used needed a bit longer brake and clutch lines. I decided it was a perfect excuse to upgrade to stainless lines. I called Galfer and asked them to give me their complete VFR kit, but with 2 extra inches on the brake and clutch lines. Their package does away with some of the stock fittings, and that particular one may be part of that, but it went together quite nicely and works excellent. Bleeding is a bit of a pain, and it takes a lot of fluid (I used a full quart) to bleed all those lines. The next time I do it, I'll try a reverse bleed with a pressure bleeder, pumping from the caliper end. 

Did you have ABS Lines. If so, did the keep the line between the lever and the rigid line that connects to the ABS unit?

Archived