Another Tip Over

ArTravlR

• Member Contributer

My VFR tipped over due to a high wind.  Pushed her off the side stand over onto the right side again.  I believe the side stand is too long & with the top case, is easy for a wind blown tip over.  She actually fell on top of me, saving some body work damage.  I replaced the badly broken bits but the sidecase scratches will have to remain. I will not replace the scratched body work this time.  Just don't care to spend that much money.  

The worst scratches are on the right side bag lid.  A decal or something like a rubber tank pad would be ideal to cover up the ugly.  Any ideas?

I feel your pain. Has happened to me, even with the bike fully laden with sidecases, toolbox and army duffel bag on pillion seat, all that weight and a wind gust just blew her over, down into a steep sided water drain. I don't know how I managed to get her up from a -40° angle. Adrenaline I guess.

Sorry, no idea on the decals, just moral support.

When my tires are new mine stands pretty solid but once they are half way worn the bike just doesn't have enough lean on the side stand. I ride in the gorge around here. High wind area and getting off the bike to walk around is nerve racking. I usually just use the center stand for piece of mind.

For the damage, moto stickers would fit the bill. Or maybe a faux carbon wrap if that's your thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived