ANOTHER Starter Valve Sync Question

rc51jim

I will probably sync my SV's today (I've synced carbs on previous bikes). I have 2 manuals and have read through the posts, but can't find a definitive answer. The Service manuals indicate to use #1 as the baseline (non-adjustable). #3 is set 20mm below and #4 is set 10mm below. There's no mention of what to do with the #2 cylinder even though it has an adjustment screw. I've read what other posters have set it at, but does anyone know what Honda says to do? Seems odd that it's not even mentioned in the service manual. What am I missing?

According to this thread it is the same as the reference cylinder. For some unknown reason the documentation writer figured that being the same as #1 meant that he did not have to provide a numeric value.

I wonder if those who write manuals for nuclear bombs are as sloppy as most other writers.

Thanks, didn't see that one. Same was my assumption but wanted to be sure. We'll see how it goes. I have both a dial gauge and a mercury gauge. I may try them both and see what it shows.

Archived