Issues: Low Rpm Studdering And Rpm Sticking At About 4K

jsjamboree

• Member Contributer

How old is the fuel in the bike?  I had the previous year's fuel in a bike last year, and was having spark plugs foul non-stop at idle. 

More testing,

went through a leak down test, and according to the manual if you have over 1.5 ohm then you have a short. Well, I had over 2ohm so I started chasing wires, ended up that the clock itself pulls over 1.5 ohm. Without the clock it was only pulling 0.5ohm, so im going with no a short. But, if someone has some more electrical knowledge and can chime in that would be awesome. Might create a new thread to get some visibility on that.

Checked the ECT again, and it is actually off about 0.1-0.2 ohm of what the manual calls spec (which I dont trust a ton anymore). I cant see this causing an issue as per my calculations that would put it about 10-15 deg f off. Not enough to make the engine think its way off, the ohms did drop as the temp went up so everything seemed to work correctly.

Tested the stator at all three connections and one of the tests was quite a bit higher than the other two. That with the lower voltage at the battery, im going with a dying stator and a blown reg/rec however with that all unhooked and the bike running off of a battery charger the over fueling is still happening. They are bad, but not the issue I am chasing.

I am defeated. Sensors all pass inspection, connections seems fine ive pulled them all apart checked for melting and corrosion, fueling system has been checked, cleaned, and replaced, vacuum leaks have been checked, anything that could be suspect has been removed (emissions, PAIR, flapper, o2 sensors bypassed), new plugs, checked spark, new clean fuel...

Archived