1986 Vfr750F Problem Identification

keny

OK. I sold my 5th gen, now I´m a bit on the hunt for a -86-87 VFR750f again....

There is one for sale (locally) for fairly chap, a 1986 750F, but has some foults.

1. Ignition does miss fire on higher rpm

2. It sounds like the clutch basket is rubbing the clutch cover as bike is leaned to right side

3. the carburattor needle housings (where the sliders needle moves) are worn and need to be change.

Can the igniton be the pickup sensor that only the 1986 has?

Can the clutch be a loose clutch basket, or bearing?

Can we estimate the bikes actually milage from the parts that needs to be change in the carburattors?

The add has 89k kms, 189k?

I might (proberly) pass this but still a bit currius.

Mine has over 90k and no problems in the carbs. Misfire could be the pic ups, or the extra cam sensor, worn coil, or even valves nog properly adjusted.

If you have soms cash, one of the Dutch vfroc members has a RC 24 in hrc colors for sale. That bike is in mint condition.

Asking price 1800.

Mine has over 90k and no problems in the carbs. Misfire could be the pic ups, or the extra cam sensor, worn coil, or even valves nog properly adjusted.

If you have soms cash, one of the Dutch vfroc members has a RC 24 in hrc colors for sale. That bike is in mint condition.

Asking price 1800.

Thanks Bert, but if you have been surfing some in the Europe section of VFRD, you see I decided on something slightly different: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/80836-a-new-door-opens/

Archived