Tapping Noise When Running Idle?

napcool

I saw an ad of someone selling a Honda VFR with the following description.

' The title is clean. I purchased this bike on 08/08. This VFR is reliable and I've never had any major work done to it. It's has a 6 gallons tank and it can burn regular unleaded gas. Minor work needs done to it such as it needs an oil change and needs a tune up basically new spark plugs. The rear brakes were changed last year. Probably one more season the front brakes will need changing but it's fine now. Maybe another 6000 to 8000 miles the chain will need to be replaced. All the lights are working properly. It has the OME exhaust system but it can be upgraded. The treads on the rear tire are good but the front tire will need to be replaced at least one more bike season. One thing is about this motorcycle is that it makes a tapping noise when it is running idle but when you take off in it, it goes away. It is not engine related. I took it to the motorcycle shop and the mechanic couldn't figure it out. It's been doing that for years and never any problems with the engine. The bike is a must sell. SERIOUS INQUIRY ONLY PLEASE. I'll talk to you soon. Thanks'

What could be the tapping Noise?

Considering the work that needs to be done, What could be the cost to fix all the problem?

THanks your help is greatly appreciated

Archived