86 Vfr750 - Brake Master Cyl Bleeding And Rich No Matter What

fstaRocka

howdy guys - i balanced my carbs 2 months ago.. bike was running quite well.. it seemed to pickup a bit on the low end - anyways, mine is the rc24, and manual says 2 1/2 turns out, for the fg/fk. I cleaned carbs 3 1/2 months ago (twice) cos my pilots were dirty and it was back firing etc..

I have a SS exhaust and i regularly rub the inside with my finger to she hows shes running - lately been getting black powder, since the balance.. choke is not sticking - i have already run bike at 1 / 34 turns and am now down to 1 1/2(!) - just did a 40km ride mostly highway moderately hard and found a little bit of black powder once again and i cleaned it really wel with scotch pad before leaving.. I know my air filter is fine (K&N)..

any thoughts?

Also - cleaned all pistons and flushed all brakes - but blimey what i thought would take 1 1/2 hours took a day and a half! Brakes are better but 50% of the lever travel hardly does anything. I removed mc twice, blew it out - still! it was def braking better b4.

I did alot of reading and the lever is currently tied under pressure - ill see what its like in the morning. I must have bled the system for AGES till not a single bubble came thru..

I tried all the tricks - tapping with hammer / priming MC / what i noticed is when i let the lever fick forward theres a funny sizzling sound coming from the mc - and tiny tiny bubbles come out, although its gotten less - and i noticed that at one point the mc was sucking back on the brake system, instead of drawing fluid from the reservoir as is expected (this during bleeding)..

so im stumped - never been set back so badly by brakes(!!)

any ideas here??

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Sad to see that nobody reacts to your post.

I"ll try and give you my 2cts.

As for running rich...did you check your floatheights and diaphrams ?

Check your needles and needlejets for wear.my 95 triumph triple had similar issues due to wear on the needle and oval worn needle seats as well as a ripped diaphram.

As for bleeding your brakes....get a thick syringe and some hose to fit your brakecaliper nipple and fill it from downthere after draining it.

Give it some time to let the airbubbles rise and escape before closing the top.try this and if there's still air in it(should be a absolute minimum )then bleed it shortly the normal way.

Good luck !

Regards,B

• 2 weeks later...

Archived