Hi And A Running Rough Question

Guest MikeT741

Guest MikeT741

I have been lurking for awhile. Joined so I could download the service manual. I have an 07 RWB with ABS. I've had it for about 6 months and put around 12K miles on it. I love the bike. I recently picked up a new bike so haven't been riding the VFR as much lately.

It's starting to run a little rough at all RPMs. You can hear it a little even at idle. The bike has around 22K on it. Thought it might be plugs with this mileage so replaced them. The old plugs looked good and appeared to be burning fine. There are a lot of posts on here about do or don't do valve checks but I couldn't find much on symptoms of needing a valve adjustment. If the valves are tight but not being held open would the valve timing be off enough to show low compression? Starts up good, fuel mileage not affected. It's only a little rough. I think if a non VFR owner jumped on the bike it wouldn't be noticed. I do ride it hard. It is above 7K a lot and has bounced the rev limiter more than a few times. I would appreciate any help. You guys have a really good forum going here.

Thanks

Archived