Lsl Risers With Rox

Denny12

I had the Heli's on my 12 when I bought it. Didn't care for the angle of the bars. I installed the LSL risers. This was an improvement but still getting pains in my neck(2 herniated disc). I fab'd up my own risers, but didn't like the feel, the look or trust it. I recently seen the ROX risers on a friends GS and liked the look and adjustability. I ordered some earlier this week and they arrived today. This install is not complete, need to get a longer brake like and rotate the controls. However I'm liking how these feel. Few pics of what it looks like today.

post-30377-0-07681700-1414289333.jpg

post-30377-0-52763100-1414289373.jpg

post-30377-0-97301300-1414289386.jpg

Keep us informed. I have Helibars that are an improvement over stock. To get the bars where I wanted meant, like you're experiencing, new cables and lines, something I didn't want to do. Incidentally I installed a V-Stream touring windshield that is extremely noisy and buffets. I wanted a Goldwing like silence and still looking for the way my '76 GL 1000 rode w/ Vetter's Windjammer. Thanks for the pictures. I'll be following your "improvement."

• 3 weeks later...

I received my LSL handlebars today and will be installing them on the weekend. I like the idea of the Rox Risers.

Can you give us an update on how the install went.

What was the part number of the Rox Risers that you used?

Did you have to replace any cables?

If so, what di you replace them with?

@Denny12, do you still have full turning range as with the original clip-ons, or did you need to install a stopper to prevent the handle bars from hitting the front fairing or tank?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Speigler bars on my 1200.Comfort is greatly improved. All stock wiring,brake lines all fit.The kit does come with two small steering stops. The only change is the stock bar ends won't fit. No clearance issues,just fine tune the bar Height.

Archived