Stp Multipurpose Motor Treatment Fixed Cleaned My Carbs Gen4

squidzilla

As some of you know, I bought my 4th gen about two months ago for 1400.00 since it would not idle with out the choke on and would die without the choke on if let you drop below 4k rpms.

So I got a deal and hoped that using carb cleaner would fix it. For the firs 200 miles I had a some brand of fuel injector cleaner dumped in the tank with a pretty heavy dose. By the time the first tank was done it would no longer need the choke on if I let the rpms drop below 4k rpms. It still would not idle though.

I then went through one tank of gas with nothing added and thought I would just live with it until next season. Then the next tank I put some stabil in it since I was nervous about the carbs gumming up. At this point, the bike would idle when warm if I gave it some gas, even though that is technically not idling I thought it was an improvement. No throttle, and it would die.

So I saw a video about the stp product I mentioned and thought, well it also doubles as a fuel stabilizer and a potent fuel system cleaner so I figured what the hell might as well. Hey, worse case I just paid for some more fuel stabilizer.

Well after my 100 mile ride today, the bike now idles without the choke on at 1100 rpms. I even let it cool off some and started it up to see if it still would. Yep. Idles just fine now.

I just saved myself a big headache cleaning those carbs by hand.

Oops. I meant to put this in the 3rd and 4th gen forum. How do I move it?

Archived