929 Shock Set-Up Question

jaydj

I know these are a popular upgrade and I do have one on mine with an upgraded spring for my weight, though I was also told that they do need a re-valve as the progression ratio's on the 929 are different. I have ended up running my shock at nearly full rebound damping, and I still find it a touch fast.

My question is: what settings are you running if you have one and it has not been re-valved?

I know these are a popular upgrade and I do have one on mine with an upgraded spring for my weight, though I was also told that they do need a re-valve as the progression ratio's on the 929 are different. I have ended up running my shock at nearly full rebound damping, and I still find it a touch fast.

My question is: what settings are you running if you have one and it has not been re-valved?

It would be nice, but there is no common adjustment that will work for everyone unless we all weighed the same and road exactly alike.

Especially when you've change the spring rate.

Did you feel an improvement w/o a re-valve? From what you are saying I would just set it at Full Rebound and ride it.

Yes re-valving to achieve ideal damping is preferred, but if your close and it feels pretty good why spend the money on valving?

BTW what did you do up front?

Up front I have matched Hyperpro springs for my body weight, and fresh Honda fork oil at stock weight and height. Preload in fork springs and R shock are backed all the way out. R spring is matched for my weight plus extra mass of roughly a full stuffed set of side-cases and my bicycle mounted in the custom rack (see avatar photo). Obviously when loaded it is an awesome ride. When not weighed down, it is more harsh as to be expected. Overall, a dramatic change for the better (thanks Jamie from Daugherty Motorsports!) in the ride quality and experience.

Archived