3Rd Gen Master Cylinder/clutch Issue

I posted something on this before and thought I had it solved, but I guess not.

This 3rd gen I have has 11360 something on it. I just replaced all fluids, starter clutch, r/r etc. You know the drill. The clutch mc though is so hard to pull in the clutch barely disengages enough to put it in gear. It does shift though, and after disassembling the clutch pack and going over the components, it was better.

Then, as they have a tendency to do, she say for a few weeks and the issue returned today when I went to take it for it's inaugural test run. Still shifted etc, but felt more like a brake lever than clutch

So, apart she came. Checked over the clutch pack and rod, and associated parts. Master cylinder and slave checked out. I didn't tighten the clutch bolts and springs down all the way, and the slave was able to push the clutch pack out enough, but there wasn't enough clearance from the bolts to the clutch cover. Clutch plates are in order

I'm thinking it is somehow related to the ball bearing that rides inside the cover for the clutch pack. I believe it is suppose to have some play in it, back and forth, and it appears to be stubborn at times. I was thinking that it binds and doesn't allow for full disengagement of the clutch? IDK and it's wearing on me because I'm not a huge fan of revisiting things I am making no progress on.

got it sorted. I guess from sitting, a bit of air formed a pocket as best I can tell, and wasn't allowing the slave to function properly. I rebled every part of the system last night and it appears to work well.

Archived