A Lot Of New 2013S At Dealerships

adg44

I just did a search and it appears Honda must have had a factory sale recently, as a lot of '13s just hit the dealers. Best price I have seen is $11,500, another at $11,999, and one more at $13,100. And there is $500 factory cash as well (I assume most of this has been factored into the price).

What has everyone else seen? At $11k it is a decent deal, just like the leftover '12s last year.

- Anthony

There were probably fewer bikes at these Honda auctions than in 2012 because likely fewer dealers ordered many (or any) VFR1200's, depending on their market....and there weren't that many 2012's!

The factory cash is factored into whatever deals you're seeing, but anything under $12k is a smoking deal.

IMO it's a solid $13k bike, but people have smelled blood and won't accept anything more expensive than the cheapest price they've heard of...which is under $12k.

But if you look at what other bikes a buyer might be considering... and that is a lot of excellent bike for the money.

• Member Contributer

$11k is an excellent price. I paid $9999 for a new 2010 a year ago. If I would have had that option I would have taken the newer bike as I plan to paint anyway so the color doesn't matter.

I like the '12 blue a lot better than the '13 black. I don't think Honda changed much of anything on the '13, other than supposedly a different dash back lit color. No telling when Honda is gonna stop importing VFR1200 to the USA, since it has been selling so poorly. Canadian website already shows the '14 in metallic titanium (almost greenish), but still no '14 on the USA website. Who knows.

Of all the bikes I've owned recently, VFR1200 is the only keeper. So it might be nice to get a newer version before Honda pulls the plug. Still... even the cheapest prices I've seen still means I'll have to shell out $4k or more to replace the '10 with a '12, which is really not worth it, just to have a newer bike with the latest "improvements".

There are two Honda dealers here in Louisville. Neither dealer stocked a VFR 12 after 2010 and only one of them ordered 1 2010 F model which sold in September 2012 to a friend of mine. I ordered my 2013 F model from the second local dealer last fall. Total of 2 sales to date. Neither dealer plans on stocking one. Strictly on a customer order basis with a large security deposit here.

I got two prices from local dealers. One was $12,299 and the other was $12,399. These do not include tax or tags, since they are both out of state. I have a feeling eventually these will drop to about $11,500 or so, but still not bad deals.

Archived