Heated Grips - Which Parts Do I Need? (Vfr1200)

Contravene

• Member Contributer

That's all you need. But I would order the Euro harness over the US version. The US version has 2 ports (1 for heated grips, 1 for accessory outlet), with the Euro harness (called quartet harness) you get 3. I was able to use 1 for the OEM heated grips, 1 for a USB port (for my phone/gps), and 1 for the OEM accessory outlet under the seat.

And what about other parts, like cowls, step holders etc.? I was aware there might be some US-EU differences but I didn't run into different numbers for the same parts (even for the accessory harness - I've only seen one part #, no distinction for US and EU). One thing that raised my doubts was a COO suffix in some parts names, e.g. 50645-MBW-305 - ARM, L. MAIN STEP (COO). I couldn't find any explanation what does it mean. Also none of the parts dealers I've asked knew that.

I'm starting to think if it's a good idea to order the parts from the US. If any of the parts won't fit it'll take weeks to return/exchange it. What do you think? Should I worry? Thanks.

Archived