Teiz Motorsports One Piece Suit

5string

• Member Contributer

Ordered a Teiz Motorsports Mojave one pice suit last week and received the trial suit (for sizing) yesterday. The trial suit fits nicely and will be used until I receive my suit, or until he needs it back, whichever comes first.

I am 6' 2" and 195 lbs. The Tall Large fits me really well. The sleeve and pant leg adjustments do a good job of snugiing things up nicely. The trial suit does not have any of the pockets of the retail suits, save for the large rear between-the-shoulders pocket. I think this pocket could hold a water reservoir or serve as a mini backpack for storage. The craftwork seems to be good, no stitching issues, clean seams, good zippers, etc.

I will update this thread when I receive MY suit. Just in time for summer in Las Vegas. Should be a good test of the Mojave.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

OK, it's here! https://plus.google.com/photos/106395372683243403349/albums/5885405080994788849?authkey=CL6GvYLF-ruduQE

Fit is near-identical to the trial suit, with additional armor. Again, I am 6'2" 195#. Inseam is *slightly* too long when not wearing boots, but I don't ride without boots. The sleeves fit well and offer adjustability to suit my body. I got the stock color scheme, which is silver mesh with black solid panels. Browse through the pics linked, it will show the nature of the mesh panels and the elastic areas. Armor to the shoulders, back, forearms, knees, and shins. I ordered mine with the thermal liner (it comes stock with an internal rain-suit). Time to arrival from ordering, receiving trial suit, confirming size, and final receipt was about 31 days. Ghazi was communicative throughout the process.

Fitment and donning/doffing suit:

Suit fits like I imagined after fit-testing the trial suit. Large-Tall suited my 6'2: 195# frame well.

The sleeves fit perfectly with the 3-button adjustment system on upper and lower arms. The sleeve cuffs have infinite adjustability with the velcro closure. I'm not sure I would use a gauntlet-style glove with this suit, although I am sure you could make it work. I opted for a shorter cuff glove after receiving the trial suit. The arm adjustments are set it and forget it, the cuffs will probably be adjusted each time.

The torso and waist fit well with some room for layering if necessary, but it is currently WAY too warm/hot to try the waterproof liner and/or the thermal liner. Both zip in/out together or independently of each other. The inseam is a bit long when barefoot (I wear a 33 inch inseam), but in boots, there is the slightest drag at the rear cuff, which is inconsequential to me except for some potential cosmetic issues down the road. The waist adjusts nicely with the velcro belt, which does NOT interfere with the full body zipper.

The lower legs have ankle and mid-calf adjustments which allow you to tailor the fit to your contours with boots on. I would not tuck the suit into boots. The leg adjustments are also set it and forget it, unless something drastic changes with your underlayers.

The way I dress is to put my boots on, place right leg into right pant leg, put suit on shoulders, then bend down to secure right leg zipper (zips down to close), then full body zipper (left leg, zips up to close). I use the reverse to take it off. It takes a few seconds longer to put on than to take off (45 seconds on 30 seconds off). The zippers have a nice Teiz Motorsports zipper-pull that will help when gloved-up. I did lose the right leg zipper-pull after a few days, but it was probably due to my inattention when zipping up.

The materials seem up to par. The exterior mesh (view the pics in the link provided) truly breathes, especially when in motion. The stitching appears to be top-notch. There is a distinct lack of pockets, though. There is a waterproof left breast pocket with zipper closure and a right forearm pocket with velcro closure. There is also a large upper back pocket with velcro closure that could be used to hold the liner(s) and maybe a hydration system, but it is inaccessible unless you remove the suit. I tried to zip down to the waist and access the rear pocket, but I don't have that much twist left in this body... The interior mesh is similar to other suits I have seen, and does not add or detract in any way (except when my right boot gets stuck in it while donning/doffing *doh*)

The armor seems to be good quality, residing in the shoulders, upper back, forearms, knees, and shins. All armor, with the exception of the back plate, feels rigid on the outside with foam internals. The back plate appears to be a pure foam solution, and I will likely replace it with a Forcefield back protector, unless counseled otherwise. The knee and shin armor are independently adjustable. the knee armor has a pocket (see link) that allows quite a bit of adjustablilty. The shin and forearm armor require you to move the armor within its nestled location.

Riding impressions: I have been using the suit for my daily 24 mile round trip commute and it has performed flawlessly in terms of ease of use. I hope to never test its crash-worthiness.

The suit breathes well. In fact, compared to the trial suit, I could wear it around the house and garage all day without overheating. On the street, as long as you are in motion, the breeze helps cool you down. The full coverage keeps the sun off of your bare skin, which is a HUGE reason the suit works so well when not moving, and helps even more when you are.

The left breast pocket is sufficiently large to hold cell phone, wallet, actually quite a bit of stuff before becoming uncomfortably full. I have not yet figured out what to put in the right forearm pocket, but it will likely mimic the emergency info carried under my bike seat. Might also add a AAA flashlight and paper/pen.

The large rear pocket is likely very useful, and I would like to hear the designer's thoughts on why it was included. Other than holding the liner(s) and maybe a hydration pack, I'm not sure what else you would carry in there. It IS big enough to hold a change of clothes, some books, a pilllow, etc.

Well so far, there it is. I will continue to update this post as I gain more time in the suit. Hope this helps anyone looking for a one-piece, affordable, mesh based suit.

Thanks for reading!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

A few weeks in, suit continues to perform well. Zipper pulls are a weak spot, but I will replace them with small carabiners. Here are some pics: post-27251-0-95135200-1371601910.jpgpost-27251-0-66397000-1371601936.jpgpost-27251-0-46265300-1371601950.jpgpost-27251-0-59080000-1371601964.jpgpost-27251-0-15531200-1371601979.jpg

Doh! Sideways pics :/

• Member Contributer

I can't get the photos to stay upright... Sorry...

Archived