Vfr1200 Screen Rattle

Guest VFR1200Rob

Guest VFR1200Rob

Hi All

New to the site as new to the vfr1200. :beer:

I have noticed while cleaning and riding today that the bottom bit of the screen on one side has movement whilst the other side is solid. It's the bit of clear plastic that extends downwards and meets the top of the light.

When i'm riding this bit chatters. Is this fixable of should I be moaning to the dealer.

I am more than happy to remove the screen with the assistance of a post someone has put on this forum but wanted to check first to see if it sound like it is not located properly?

• Member Contributer

I haven't experienced that but I did change out the OEM screen and when I did I noticed how flimsy the attachments are on the screen. It's pretty easy to check to see if the tabs are aligned properly, they might have broken somewhere along the line.

I went with a GIVI touring screen that is smoke black and am more than impressed with how it directs the wind, It hits me right at the top of my helmet and with being 6"4 that's one heck of a feat!

• Member Contributer

Hey Rob, welcome to the site.

If it's brand-spanking new, I'd say that's something that your dealer may not have prepped right?

Sounds like a mount came loose or wasn't attached to begin with. There's a pretty good thread on how to get under the windscreen on here.

Let us know how it goes!

• 2 weeks later...

still rattling? not had a chance to take it apart, work commute and visiting have added 2000 miles over the last two weeks!!! will keep you posted as I have to remove the screen to fit heli bars when they arrive.

Archived