Terc

Can anyone enlighten me to what in the world this rubber strap that came with the OEM rear carrier is for? I figured out where it attaches to the top at, but not where it straps to. What are the horizontal holes for between the top and bottom of the mounting rack? What about the rubber grommets that fit in the round holes?

Sadly, looks like Honda built in some features and then only provided a single exploded view for assembly, leaving out any description of how to use this stuff!

Rubber strap location (where do I strap it to and what is it for?!

Rubber_strap.png

Round hole through the carrier, kit included rubber grommets for this hole, which I fitted. What is it for?

Side_hole_with_rubber_gommets_inside.png

• Member Contributer

Can anyone enlighten me to what in the world this rubber strap that came with the OEM rear carrier is for? I figured out where it attaches to the top at, but not where it straps to. What are the horizontal holes for between the top and bottom of the mounting rack? What about the rubber grommets that fit in the round holes?

Sadly, looks like Honda built in some features and then only provided a single exploded view for assembly, leaving out any description of how to use this stuff!

Rubber strap location (where do I strap it to and what is it for?!

Rubber_strap.png

Round hole through the carrier, kit included rubber grommets for this hole, which I fitted. What is it for?

Side_hole_with_rubber_gommets_inside.png

The rubber strap is to secure the Honda U lock that fits through the two holes in the carrier.. It is the same U lock that you can fit under the seat.

Thanks! Makes so much sense now. I was thinking maybe a weird place to attaching tent poles or something. Where did you get that info from? Did I miss it in the owner's manual?

• Member Contributer

Thanks! Makes so much sense now. I was thinking maybe a weird place to attaching tent poles or something. Where did you get that info from? Did I miss it in the owner's manual?

I just sort of worked it out, always had an urge t see what will fit where. :491:

Archived