Helibar Installation Help

crakerjac

So last night I installed the helibars on my VFR1200. Left side was pretty slick, but I got a little hung up on the right side. I belive I got the throttle cables re-routed properly and nothing touches at full lock in either direction... BUT the brake line seems to be a little stressed. Is there any trick to give the brake line a little slack? Do I need to rotate the brake lever higher than stock, specific positioning of the fluid resivour that will help?

Here are a couple crappy cell phone pics.... I can try taking some better/higher quality pics when I get home, but for now, this is what I have.

20130325_124518_zpse024bc62.jpg

20130325_122154_zpse5a22739.jpg

20130325_122129_zps02dcd09a.jpg

Other than rotating the reservoir on the bar, you could loosen the banjo bolt on the hose and twist it a bit. You risk the chance of a brake fluid leak though. Mine seams a hair stressed, but doesn't seam to be affected by handlebar movement. Maybe just keep an eye on it, and call it good?

Hi mate looks good to me just ordered some for my vfr did you find it hard to get bar weight internal out, also did you have any probs fitting them? have they made much difference to the riding position? cheers any help is much appreciated.

To get the bar weights out, rubbing alcohol is key. The liquid helps the rubber from dragging making the bar weight difficult to pull out. Putting the weights back in was pretty much the same, put rubbing alcohol on the rubber pieces of the weight and it slides right back in. Same works for removing the grips.

The hardest part is adjusting the bars correctly so nothing touches and there isn't any excess strain on any of the hoses.

I've only put about 60 miles or so on the new Helibars (still a little chili out for long rides), but so far I'd have to say that the difference is subtle but much more comfortable.

Archived