Another F4I Shock 6Th Gen Conversion

2thdr

Thanks 2thdr, I'm very familar with those style of P clamps from McMaster. :) I was probably going to do that but I'm concerned about where, not just how. Seems anywhere underneath the battery might have problems with contacting the swingarm/chain guard/brake lines.

• Member Contributer

I didn't have that problem but I mounted mine more forward. The catch is it will rub against your leg a bit...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have a 1.75" P clamp at work so I used four heavy duty 120 pound zip ties, and a piece of rubber, to try mounting the F4i reservoir to the rear subframe tube. I took the bike on a 600 mile trip this weekend. It didn't bother my leg at all in this location, but it still moved on the subframe tube. And frankly, this looks terrible. I don't foresee it looking any more professional with some P clamps.

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

There isn't enough hose on the shock to put the reservoir in a god location, nore is there any play in the banjo bolts to get it to sit nicely in the few locations that are available. I should've gone with the 954 shock and its permanently fixed reservoir. Shoulda done my research, I guess. Anyone else have any suggestions?

Archived