Antifreeze Leak

My 2006 has been sitting outside on its kickstand in southeast Pennsylvania for about 6 weeks now. It has been cold here but only in low 30s w an occasional high 20s at night typically warming to above freezing during the day.

I uncovered my bike today and put it up on the center stand to adjust/clean the chain and as soon as I did I notice a trickle of antifreeze coming out of the belly of the bike. I took the plastic off and traced the trail of green liquid to a hole on the right side of the bike (hole in center of image). There was no puddle under bike when I got to it this morning.

I took the gas tank and airbox off and peared through all the stuff but could not see any other evidence of a leak. I looked all around the bike and could not see any other evidence of a leak.

I have ridden it off and on through the winter and have not noticed any problems or leaks.

Ideas????

post-8479-0-35677900-1362843625.jpg

you are leaking somewhere in the center of the VEE between the cylinders. that hole you see is just for drainage purposes. It doesnt connect to anything.

you may have loose hose clamps coming from the cylinders to the thermostat housing, or leaking O-rings on the coolant elbows joined to the cylinders.

Archived