D Day

Guest sanemancured

Guest sanemancured
Today was D Day.

Dynamometer day :) I arrived at Dynojet HQ UK at about 0945 this Morning and left at about 1145. It's like taking you child to the dentist, hearing the screams of torture in a distant room while you drink tea and read bike magazines.

The address is at the end of a side road and there's no hint of the evil goings on at what looks like a well to do residential property :)

The map that I had downloaded as a base map was the Akrapovic one on the Dynojet website. My bike has been de-catted, has a BMC air filter and a Two Brothers Racing Black Series carbon M2 exhaust can without baffle.

The Akropovic base map wasn't a million miles away but was a little rich in a few areas (I expected the opposite). The bike is now noticeably crisper with more bark to the exhaust. They even topped up my fuel after about 25 dyno miles.

I've achieved my aim in that the bike is transformed in terms of tractability below 5,000 rpm.

It's not bad when given it's head either, in fact with a maximum 161.22 bhp at the rear wheel it's decidedly quick.

All FOC as the map will now go online for all.

Now to find my scanner for the graph (no it's not a chart, we're English).

I've checked my graphs and it is DIN which is the standard used in the EU.

Converted to SAE it makes the figures almost exactly 159 hp.

I'm very pleased with that. The de-cat seems to help a lot.

Peter

• Member Contributer

I've checked my graphs and it is DIN which is the standard used in the EU.

Converted to SAE it makes the figures almost exactly 159 hp.

I'm very pleased with that. The de-cat seems to help a lot.

Peter

I would be VERY pleased with those results also....well done...would love to ride a smooooth 159 horse's myself!

Thank you. I was surprised. Dave on here did similar mods before me and was a strong influence. Given that pre mods the general Dynojet figure bandied around was 142 (EU) that almost a 20 hp increase. Dave is getting his bike done on the same Dynojet unit on the 20th so that will be interesting. He had 157 on another unit but had a baffle in his Leo Vince so it seems that impressive gains are there for relatively little expense. I paid £50 for my cut and weld job.

See if it's standard or SAE. SAE is the standard accepted world wide. Standard just reads high ;)

Oh and to say that SAE is accepted Worldwide is perhaps incorrect? US wide perhaps where feet, lbs, psi reign but the US isn't, contrary to sometimes voiced opinion, the World :)

Archived