Possible Ecu Flash For Canada

Guest Delta7B

• Member Contributer

Well this looks promising. My bike is at Markham Power already for other upgrades so I'll get this added to the list.

Sent an email to the dealer and will wait to hear back. I am actually there to see them tomorrow as well. After following entire thread at other site it looks like Honda Canada actually did the re-flash to keep the customer happy. There is mention the ability to do the re-flash will be passed to dealers. I'll post what I hear back from the dealer.

• Member Contributer

The dealer has said "They (Honda Canada) are to send me the firmware update in the near future for me to download. I am waiting for that as well as the actual service bulletin from Honda on this update."

I'll have them install when they get their update.

Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted...some good news over what's been a long off-season.

I'll gladly remove the z-bomb to get my gear positions back and better fueling.

Does anyone know if this firmware update is the same for DCT and non-DCT VFRs? I would think that they would have to be different. Does anyone know if the ECU firmware update for a Canadian spec 2010 VFR1200 DCT would work on a US ECU? Are they the same? I would think they would have to be different. I was under the impression that Honda US would not be providing any updates due to US emissions compliance and the $$ of recertifying. But if the Canadian firmware would be compatible, I'd gladly drive a few hours to Montreal or Quebec to have it done.

Archived