Schedule Maintenance On Vfr1200F

Guest slytherriault

Guest slytherriault

Folks, I bought my 2010 VFR 1200F last summer (2012) and put 7000km (about 4000 miles) on it in addition to the 2000km (1200 miles) it had as a Honda demo. Sched maintenance says I should change final drive (shaft) oil, coolant, clutch, and brake fluids by now. Is it really necessary considering the bike only has 9000km (5200 miles)?

Opinions? Recommendations?

Thanks

I don't know where you got that info, but I'm looking at the official manual right now and it says brake fluid and clutch fluid replace at 12,000 miles. It's basically oil & filter and inspect everything until then. I change the final drive oil every other oil change (5,000 mile intervals).

Worry less, ride more. And, seeing that you're from Toronto, go Habs!

Thanks BrianF, I wish I was in California too right now... I'd ride more ;), and yep, I'm on the Habs' side :)

I used a European manual I found on line and it talks about years for service rather than mileage, except for engine oil where it says every 5000 miles... crazy, I change my oil twice as often, but I'm happy you talked about the final drive oil... I guess I should at least change that before my riding season start... only 30 degrees around here until April when it goes back to riding temp ;)

Cheers

Archived