Oem Topbox And Givi Plxr-166 -Anyone Tried It?

richieg

I'm looking at getting panniers for my Silver 03 VTEC.

Honda no longer make them in the 2003 Silver and second hand examples on
ebay rarely come with all the mounting hardware (bracket behind number
plate is normally missing).

The GIVI V35 panniers look nice (better than OEM IMO) and the Givi
PLXR-166 have the advantage of most of the hardware being removable when
the panniers are not being used.

So, does anyone know if the Givi PLXR166 will fit with the OEM rear carrier in place?

Thanks!

• Member Contributer

Any reason not to go Givi all the way? I'm not looking at the OEM top box even though I have the OEM panniers due to the availability of GIVI/Sw-Motech and Krauser solutions that are much cheaper. Givi makes the Honda VFR800 accessory bags and Krauser makes BMW's luggage. I know that the GIVI top carrier is NOT compatible with the OEM accessory panniers. (GIVI says so on their site.) But I don't know about the other way around.

Any reason not to go Givi all the way? I'm not looking at the OEM top box even though I have the OEM panniers due to the availability of GIVI/Sw-Motech and Krauser solutions that are much cheaper. Givi makes the Honda VFR800 accessory bags and Krauser makes BMW's luggage. I know that the GIVI top carrier is NOT compatible with the OEM accessory panniers. (GIVI says so on their site.) But I don't know about the other way around.

I've already got the OEM rear carrier and box - thinking at the time was the OEM carrier looked nicer and more substantial than the Givi mount...

Archived