VFR to the Lake District...

Hi All.

Off this week (work for myself). Had stuff to do Mon and Tues (when it was glorious weather) and set aside Weds for a ride. Woke to a grey day but set off anyway. Hit persistent drizzle at Kirby Lonsdale... after a second mug of tea decided to carry on and headed in the direction that looked brightest. I ended up near Cartmel Priory and then headed on around Lake Windermere, where the roads were lovely and dry and there was occasional sunshine. The bike behaved impeccably, as always.

Also found a great place for lunch, which always adds to the ride, I find. Recommended - the Outgate Inn near Hawkshead.

post-21184-0-23505300-1343310035.jpgpost-21184-0-71145800-1343310077.jpgpost-21184-0-24881400-1343310106.jpg

post-21184-0-36329300-1343310366.jpg

Oxford magnetic tankbags came with the bike. Very useful - can get spare visor, camera, ciggies, phone etc in the small one.

• 3 months later...

nigeW,

bit off topic, notice you have the same year bike as myself, just wondered what size rear tyre you run ?, if I'd known you were up here, I could have met a fellow vfr rider for a bevy, were originally from Wibsey, small world heh.

kev

Hi Kev. Standard 170/60 on the rear. Don't know if I'll get up that way again this year - getting a bit cold out now!

It's not cold yet, heated grips the way to go, I use my bike most days for commute to work, 15 mile each way, it's been 2 deg in the mornings when I've set off.

If your up this way again give us a shout.

kev

• 2 weeks later...

Archived