Need help locating paint

Guest fcaprilia

Guest fcaprilia

Anyone have success finding paint for the crankcase cover etc.? The paint code is NH 437M - mat silver gray. I cannot seem to find any US locations that sell it. I just need a small amount to repair a scratch. Thanks.

The bases used in the formulation seems to be not legal for sale in the United States and can only be purchased overseas.

Thanks. I am finding that too. I will have to either live with the scratch or replace the side crankcase which is a hassle!

Paint it a colour that is "close enough"?

Or remove ALL the engine covers and paint them a totally different colour that looks good?

My friends ZX-12r had scratched engine covers. They were a deep bronze colour. I filed the scratches out, sandblasted them at work, and we sprayed them gold with dupli-colour high heat caliper paint. It's a 99% match for the factory gold paint on the wheels and looks excellent!!!

The bases used in the formulation seems to be not legal for sale in the United States and can only be purchased overseas.

Thanks. I am finding that too. I will have to either live with the scratch or replace the side crankcase which is a hassle!

Read this topic (#7).

I replaced my crankcase. The biggest problem (for me) was removing the old crankcase...

I'm sending a sample to cyclecolor.com this week or next, whenever I have time.

If you wanna paypal me the cost of touch up I can order an extra. I'm assuming ~$10?

If you wanna paypal me the cost of touch up I can order an extra. I'm assuming ~$10?

Thank you. Let me know how much and happy to reimburse you. Can they ship in spray can form?

I'm sure they can prepare it and ship it in any form. I laid mine over shortly after I purchased it and scratched up the right crankcase cover protector, which I replaced tonight. I'm going to send them the scratched up cover and let them match. I'll call them tomorrow and will likely box it up and ship it to them on Thursday. I've never dealt w/ them so I don't know how long this will take.

Same thing happened to me. I was practicing u turns and figure 8 with the DCT and 20 minutes into it, on a right 8 turn I dropped it as I did not have enough power . Sick feeling :-)! I have all the scratched parts on order and I am trying to figure out how to purchase just a single right side saddle bag.....no luck on eBay or the local dealer.

Please let me know how you want to do this. Thanks.

Archived