Any issue with aftermarket pipes on the vfr1200

Guest bikeman1

Guest bikeman1

What has to be done with the "flapper" valve and actuating servo from the stock exhaust when putting on aftermarket pipes? I currently have a error code 35 after screwing around with the stock setup trying to hear what the bike might sound like with the flapper valve open all the time.

Anyone have that problem? What's the fix? The setup is back to stock and still the error code 35 which causes the engine light to stay on.

Just detach the cable from the servomechanism but DO NOT touch the servomechanism itself if you do that's when you get the error code.

Just detach the cable from the servomechanism but DO NOT touch the servomechanism itself if you do that's when you get the error code. if you want the fllaper open all the time just remove the flaper from the exhaust but again DO NOT screw with the servo.

Darn! I did throughout my screwing around open the flapper by hand and turned the servo back by hand to return it to the closed position. I did reset (clear) the code via the instructions in the shop manual but it keeps coming back. I guess I'll have to take it to a dealer for inspection and reset.

I guess my curious nature has got the best of me again. I always have to see how things work........

Thanks for the feedback.

• Member Contributer

There are various Exhaust Servo eliminator modules you can buy. I have one fitted to my CBR1000RR track bike made by a guy named Pat Fruth.

They generally cost around $25. Not sure if the CBR one will work on the VFR1200.

Thanks all for the input. The problem with the error code 35 is solved. The cable from the exhaust servo to the flapper valve was wrapped around the servo wheel the wrong direction preventing the servo from pulling the flapper open. Don't ask me how that happened but when it was corrected everything worked as designed and the error code was cleared. All is well in my world now.

Archived