Video editing software - user story & bargain finder

NorthernVFRDave

• Member Contributer

So for the longest time I had been using Sony Vegas for editing my GoPro videos.

Few weeks back one of the members of my snowmobile forum posted up a video he has just made with AVS Video editor. It had a lot nicer fades and wipes than anything I was able to create with Sony Vegas.

So I downloaded the 30 day free trial of AVS. It works just as same as Vegas does as far as trimming videos, other than you can make multiple cuts out of one video, you don't have to keep reopening the video your trimming footage from after each cut. It also has 10 times the wipes and fades than Vegas has. But the best part is when your done, the presets for how you want to produce your video are dumb simple. Want to format it for Youtube HD, just click the button, want to format it for your iPad/iPhone, or BlackBerry/BB PlayBook, even Xbox and PS3 formats are all setup already for you at the click of a button.

So after playing with a somewhat grey market copy the last few weeks (as my trial had run out) I actually went to see about buying a legal version yesterday. Well its on sale this month for 70% off. $59 from the normal $199 price, for lifetime updates and support of all 18 products in the AVS family.

http://www.avs4you.com/

I'm outputting my video from TMAC and should have it posted to the TMAC picture thread in an hour or so...

Interesting. iMovie does all of this and more on a Mac and it's free. You could also buy Quicktime Pro for PC if that is your platform - about $30 (no fancy effects but simple editing and exporting).

Archived